An Environment for Mutual Encouragement and Inspiration
Working out alongside your spouse is a great way to spend time together. But sometimes busy schedules don't allow. Whether training with your partner or at separate times, with a little planning you can create an envronment for mutual encouragement and inspiration!
Create Fun & Rewarding Experiences
Here are 7 tips for creating fun and rewarding workout experiences with or for your spouse:
- Coordinate your schedules in advance and make time for your spouse to work out. Offer to take care of the kids and do the chores so your spouse can get their workouts in.
- Register for a race and run it together.
- Better yet, register for a race out of town and make it a weekend getaway!
- Use workouts as "alone time" for just the two of you. Talk about fun things, not problems with the kids, finances, jobs, etc.
- Use workouts as a "date night"- a workout followed by dinner or brunch.
- Commit to support each other and be deliberate in your workout planning. Nothing happens by accident and it often doesn't work to just spring impromptu workouts on your spouse. Plan ahead and treat your workouts like any other important event by putting them on your calendar.
- Buy new workout gear as gifts for each other. A new outfit or fitness monitoring watch, etc., make workouts exciting!